How to Fix Your Xbox 360 Easy!
In this tutorial we'll show you how to fix the 3 Red Rings of Death (rrod). This is Very Easy and Anyone can do this with simple tools, leaving your Xbox 360 in even better working condition.
Play the video to get started. Thanks to P!nk Thr3@t and i-hacked.com for providing this fantastic video and other info :)
Lowes & Best Buy Part List
You will need to pick up these items for this project.
*this may not be the case for every store*
Arctic Silver Products for an Easier Fix
Xbox 360 Unlock Kit, a Very Easy All-In-One Tool to Open Your Xbox 360 With
Other Things You'll Need
Important Things to Remember
- Only use "Isopropyl" rubbing alcohol 91%, better yet 99% OR Arctic Silver Remover for successful results. DO NOT use nail polish remover or any other cleaning solvents as they can cause damage to your CPU/GPU.
- When popping off the two "X" brackets be very careful not to scratch the Mother Board at all, But don't worry about bending the "X" brackets as these will be garbage at the end.
- The large slotted metal thingy's that were held on with those "X" brackets are called "Heat Sinks" you should remember what direction they were facing so you can put them back on in the same fashion, these will be very hot if machine has been plugged in.
- Take a clean razor blade to clean the old Thermal Paste off the bottom of the Heat Sinks, this is a good enough clean.
- When cleaning the CPU/GPU as shown in the video, it is NOT necessary to clean off the gunk lacing the edges of them, just the top until you have a mirror like finish.
- When applying the Thermal Paste you want just a very thin layer spread very smooth and flat. (Thermal Paste fills in micro inclusions in the surfaces of Heat Sinks, increasing heat transfer dramatically).
- When Heat Sinks are ready to be put back on remember the nylon washers go against the Mother Board. If the Heat Sinks are moved (like picked up off the CPU/GPU's to be repositioned) after they are placed on the fresh Thermal Paste, then.... YOU NEED TO REAPPLY THE THERMAL PASTE. I know, sad day if this is you.
- Any other questions Email us at: Support@inlandimagination.com
- Opening your Xbox 360 will void your warranty.
*We are not responsible for any damage to your property. All projects are taken on at your own risk. Some topics may be illegal if acted upon. Never engage in anything that breaks any law. Any and All information found on this website is for educational purposes only and not intended to be used for evil. We are not attorneys and can offer no legal advice.*